_mp_alloc vs ALLOC

Pedro Gimeno gmpdevel at formauri.es
Mon Jun 4 17:45:32 CEST 2012

Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> I started a page: http://gmplib.org/devel/incompatibility.html
>
> We might want to classify incompatibilities as source, binary, and both.
>
> I have not listed obsolete functions.  The cost of retaining obsolete
> function compatibility is very low; the temptation to remove such
> compatibility for the sake of purity should perhaps be resisted.

My recollection is that gmp_errno was not thread-safe, not just
obsolete, and that that was a reason for getting rid of it.

Also, I seem to remember there were plans to make a new version of
mpz_nextprime accepting a random state and the number of M-R tests, and
of mpz_probab_prime_p accepting a random state. Of course, these could
just be new functions.