div_qr_1 interface

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Sun Oct 20 16:44:12 CEST 2013

> I'm about to push the first step, with C implementations of mpn_div_qr_1
> and mpn_div_qr_1n_pi1.

Done now, including some tuning code. It would be interesting to have

  DIV_QR_1N_PI1_METHOD
  DIV_QR_1_NORM_THRESHOLD
  DIV_QR_1_UNNORM_THRESHOLD

added to the tuning reports on the web.

I'll try to get the x86_64 assembly for mpn_div_qr_1n_pi1 in soon.
I think my plan is to do things in this order:

1. Get div_qr_1 working efficiently.

2. Get divf_qr_1 (fraction) working efficiently.

3. Let divrem_1.c use the new code.

4. Check for regressions, and delete divrem_1.asm for onw platform at a
   time.

but this will most likely take a long time to complete.