GMP Compile Errors on Solaris 9

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Thu May 13 19:31:33 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 11:47, David L wrote:
> Hello All,
> Sorry  to trouble you but for the life of me I cannot get GMP 4.1.3 to
> compile on my Solaris machines.  Frankly, I am desperate for a suggestion.
> ../libtool: - at true: execute permission denied
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libmpn.la'

I do not know why you have this error.  If it helps, I have Solaris 8
and Solaris 9 packages for 4.1.2 available now at www.blastwave.org.  I
am working on 4.1.3 and they should be at the CSW mirror sites within a
couple of days for an easy upgrade with `pkg-get -Uu`

I had no problem building packages from the 4.1.3 rc1 and rc2 source.
So I hope that the released version will be just a matter of time.

Alex