Is there a separate Windows package for GNUMP?

Akhil Anilkumar Kalathungal akhil.cet at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 05:06:02 CET 2013

Hello,

I think I cornered the issue here:
Initially I tried to run the ./configure command from the cygwin terminal
which created the Makefile and the executable
gen-fac_ui.

However the file gen-fac_ui is an ELF 32-bit executable created for
GNU/Linux 2.6.15 and not for Windows.
Akhil at Akhil-PC /cygdrive/c/GNU_MP_Library/gmp-5.0.5
$ file ./gen-fac_ui
./gen-fac_ui: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.15,
BuildID[sha1]=0x9046aa5e70c378323826c46f3b0cdbdd91429a4b, not stripped

For a windows normal executable file, the file properties should look like:
Akhil at Akhil-PC /cygdrive/c/GNU_MP_Library/gmp-5.0.5
$ file /bin/bash
/bin/bash: PE32 executable (console) Intel 80386 (stripped to external
PDB), for MS Windows

For the above reason, I have to explicitly force a .exe extension with the
executable while I try to run that.
Like ./gen-fac_ui.exe

Thank You,
Akhil Kalathungal