Some basic questions on the invert_limb code

Anil Singhar anil.singhar at linaro.org
Tue Nov 19 10:24:21 UTC 2013

Hi Torbjorn,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I started off with 5.1.3 code and have already spent more than a month
now coding the MPN functions in aarch64 assembly along the lines of ARM. I
did so assuming the advisory mentioned in the gmp manual that these
functions are generally implemented in assembly for speed. Sorry, I didn't
understand the full scope your first reply to my query in October. I got
stuck with invert_limb since it was bit non-trivial to implement and hence
decided to ask.

Anyway thanks for clarifying that you don't have any plans for further
improvements unless the hardware is available. I will inform Linaro
accordingly.

Best Regards,
Anil