make tune leads to core dumping!

Marco Bodrato bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it
Sat May 19 20:15:55 UTC 2018

Ciao,

Il Gio, 17 Maggio 2018 2:33 am, Tanushree Banerjee ha scritto:
> I was trying to install GNU GMP 6.1.2 on my ubuntu platform.
> I could install without any error by using

Great!

> But after that tried using "make tune"
> and I get this "core dumped" error :--

> speed_measure() could not get 4 results within 1.0%

> Any idea why this is happening? Am I doing something wrong?

Fluctuations while measuring times are quite common and can lead to fatal
error in the tuning process. I cite our testing status page: "A common
reason for these failures is that the affected system was too loaded for
reliably measuring execution times. Another common cause is poor clock
handling in the kernel."

On some systems one may need to re-run "make tune" tenths of times to see
its complete results: "while ! make tune>mparam.h; do echo ree; done" .

Usually you do not need to tune, if your CPU was recognised, the
parameters in gmp-mparam.h should do.

Ĝis,

http://bodrato.it/papers/