Requests from Microsoft IP Addresses

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Sun Jun 18 11:29:12 CEST 2023

Torbjörn Granlund <tg at gmplib.org> writes:

> We don't now if Mike Blacker's message is completely accurate.  I assume
> it was worded by a lawyer: the abusive traffic is not the fault of any
> large corporation, the fault lies with "a user" and...the victim of the
> abusive traffic.

Would have been helpful with a specific reference to the user and script
in question. I would guess this revert is intended to stop the hg clones
(instead getting release tarballs from ftp.gnu.org):

https://github.com/BtbN/FFmpeg-Builds/commit/d75466340a9a5985e546fff9756b976727c4ab98

If that was indeed the root cause. (And I would hope github scripts run
behind some kind of http cache; if appropriate environment variables are
set, wget would use that by default).

Niels Möller. PGP key CB4962D070D77D7FCB8BA36271D8F1FF368C6677.