GMP For Windows

Peter Leong peter.leong at e2open.com
Tue May 31 12:34:30 CEST 2005

Hi Sisyphus,

Thanks a lot it worked now I used the ppm way.
However I am having problem now with Cyrpt::DSA installation.

Over the few weeks that I have picked up Perl, I realized that I can
install Perl modules from CPAN using the following steps.

1) Makefile.PL
2) Nmake
3) Nmake Test
4) Nmake Install

Even if I fail I can use the PPM way :)

Anyway, most of the CPAN modules will get installed successfully,
however I have encountered a few which failed at the nmake level.

Do you know what I am missing here?  I get the feeling it's the make
utility that I giving me the problem.

C:\Perl\Crypt-IDEA-1.02>nmake

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 1.50
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved.

cp IDEA.pod blib\lib\Crypt\IDEA.pod
cp IDEA.pm blib\lib\Crypt\IDEA.pm
        C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe C:\Perl\lib\ExtUtils/xsubpp  -typemap
C:\Perl\lib\E
xtUtils\typemap -typemap typemap  IDEA.xs > IDEA.xsc &&
C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe -ME
xtUtils::Command -e mv IDEA.xsc IDEA.c
Please specify prototyping behavior for IDEA.xs (see perlxs manual)
        cl -c    -nologo -Gf -W3 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -O1 -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE
-DNO_ST
RICT -DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DNO_HASH_SEED -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT
-DPERL_IMPLICIT_SY
S -DUSE_PERLIO -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -O1
-DVERSION=\"1.02\"
 -DXS_VERSION=\"1.02\"  "-IC:\Perl\lib\CORE"   IDEA.c
'cl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe' : return code
'0x1'
Stop.

C:\Perl\String-CRC32-1.3>Makefile.PL
Writing Makefile for String::CRC32

C:\Perl\String-CRC32-1.3>nmake

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 1.50
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved.

        cl -c    -nologo -Gf -W3 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -O1 -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE
-DNO_ST
RICT -DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DNO_HASH_SEED -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT
-DPERL_IMPLICIT_SY
S -DUSE_PERLIO -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -O1
-DVERSION=\"1.3\"
-DXS_VERSION=\"1.3\"  "-IC:\Perl\lib\CORE"   CRC32.c
'cl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe' : return code
'0x1'
Stop.

Thanks
Peter