GMP 4.1.4 on MinGW (Wintersteiger)

Juro Bystricky jurobystricky at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 12 15:55:45 CEST 2005

This is an old problem. See the filed bug report at

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1176786&group_id=2435&atid=102435

Basically, the  LD generates incorrect (or missing) relocation information
in the DLL startup code.
It is built with the default load address of 0x1000000. Loading the DLL at
any other address will cause a
GP fault. This will happen if any other DLL is loaded before GMP (.EXE use
different load address).

I successfully rebuilt GMP using the binutils-2-13-90-20021006-2.tar.gz.
I installed the latest ("current" as of March 20/2005)
Mingw/Msys/MingwRuntime but used the above mentioned binutils.
All of the above should be available for download ot the official Mingw
site.

Alternatively,  make sure no other DLL uses the default start address of
0x1000000.

Juro Bystricky