macosx extern inline problem

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue May 25 18:47:00 CEST 2010

Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu> writes:

  Torbjörn, I understand, but it is a matter of degree. ?
  Take it on a case by case basis, or reject it all as a matter of principle?

I am the main maintainer of GMP.  If I make a mess of it by trying to
work around every quirk on every system and every buggy compiler,
assembler, and linker, than I will have to try to maintain that mess.

I have decided to not try and support a specific broken Apple compiler.
Similarly, GMP doesn't support GCC 4.3.2, since it miscompiles a
critical function.

Please accept this policy.